No subject

Sun Jul 19 19:54:31 CDT 2009

1. I noticed that...
- after cold booting the host, I see successful Dahdi/wcfxo messages
in /var/log/messages
- then, if I run either "/etc/init.d/dahdi restart", or
"/etc/init.d/dahdi stop; /etc/init.d/dahdi start" without waiting more
than about 10 seconds between the stop/start commands, I get the
familiar error messages "DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such
device or address (6)", "Failed to initailize DAA, giving up" error,
and massive "FXO PCI Master abort" errors in /var/log/messages.

According to this thread, this error with X100P cards can be due to
some strange wiring:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14232
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-dev@lists.digium.com/msg35317.html

However, this occured on a host running Dahdi 2.3.0: Does it mean that
this fix hasn't been ported from Zaptel to Dahdi, or that this error
can have another cause?
Could it be some timing issue in hardware and/or software, or maybe
some initialization issue? In which case, is there a solution?

IOW (and I don't mean this as criticism), is the X10xP hardware really
crappy "by design", or is the real cause for those problems to be
found in the Zaptel code which were never really looked into because
(understandably) developers prefered to work on the wctdm driver for
the more professional TDM cards?

2. This card has the Silicon Labs Si3014/Si3034 chips which are
supposed to support "global line standards".

I'm located in continental Europe, and apparently, for call-progress
detection to have any chance to work correctly, I need to change the
DAA from "FCC" (North America) to "CTR21" (Europe). Does someone know
how to do this?

Thank you.