No subject

Sun Jul 19 19:54:31 CDT 2009

-uzzi

PS: If you're not seeing any connection information, be sure to double-check
the IP address is correct. Learned that lesson the hard way =\

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jim Rosenberg <jr at amanue.com> wrote:

> Let's say I have two Asterisk boxes, A and B. I am trying to get A to do
> SIP registration on B, so an extension for A can dial SIP phones covered by
> B. If I examine the logs on B, if the registration succeeds, I am seeing a
> notice to that effect on B. But if the registration *fails*, i'm not seeing
> any message logged on B. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. Is
> there a way to turn on logging or debugging so registration failures are
> logged on the "target"?
>
> I'm doing something profoundly stupid, and seeing the notorious
>
> chan_sip.c:12009 handle_response_invite: Failed to authenticate on INVITE
>
> message, and trying to trace why.
>
> -Thanks, Jim
>
> --

--0016e64ea71aedc737047e7f5333

>PS: If you&#39;re not seeing any connection information, be sure to double=
-check the IP address is correct. Learned that lesson the hard way =3D\<br>
enberg <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jr at amanue.com">jr at amanue.com=
-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-lef=
t: 1ex;">
Let&#39;s say I have two Asterisk boxes, A and B. I am trying to get A to d=
o<br>
SIP registration on B, so an extension for A can dial SIP phones covered by=
B. If I examine the logs on B, if the registration succeeds, I am seeing a<=
br>
notice to that effect on B. But if the registration *fails*, i&#39;m not se=
eing<br>
any message logged on B. Maybe I&#39;m just not looking in the right place.=
 Is<br>
there a way to turn on logging or debugging so registration failures are<br=

logged on the &quot;target&quot;?<br>
I&#39;m doing something profoundly stupid, and seeing the notorious<br>
chan_sip.c:12009 handle_response_invite: Failed to authenticate on INVITE<b=
r>
message, and trying to trace why.<br>
-Thanks, Jim<br>
--<br>