[asterisk-users] BT IP Exchange interconnect

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 04:35:23 CDT 2009

2009/7/31 Gordon Henderson <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net>:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Gavin Henry wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Has anyone passed the tests using Asterisk:
>>
>> http://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Products/Converged_Voice/IP_Exchange.html
>
> Intersting. Looks like BT trying to become an ITSP to compete with the
> other ITSPs in the UK who already have PSTN wholesale interconnect...
>
> And they've done it in typical BT corprat style too - document upon
> document (30 pages for the credit check one!)  Extend, Embrace,
> Extinguish...

What worries me is which way to go? According to Ofcom today:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/ngndevelopments/summary/

BT are going to be running IPX (eXchange) along with current TDM to
PSTN interconnects for a long time until their kit reaches endoflife.

So I see you getting the same as you would terminating with a BT
wholesale customer with TDM to IP as going direct to BT IP Exchange,
but not obviously getting the same minute price. You would save all
the legal process (and 9 months) going with an existing termination
provider though.

--
http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
http://www.suretectelecom.com