[asterisk-users] Not getting inbound CallerID name on Asterisk

Chris Douglas chris.douglas at pioneerballoon.com
Thu Jul 30 15:18:50 CDT 2009

The following pastebin shows the inbound call, inbound INFO containing the
Remote-Party-ID string, and the SIP acknowledgement of the INFO.  Asterisk
does not send the data from the Remote-Party-ID string on to the phone, nor
does it set the CALLERID(name) variable after receiving the message.

http://pastebin.com/m45e0adbd

Thanks,
Chris

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Chris
Douglas<chris.douglas at pioneerballoon.com> wrote:
> We have an inbound PRI connected to our Cisco 3825 router which is then
> passing the calls to Asterisk as SIP calls.  We're getting the CallerID
> number but not the CallerID name.  We are seeing the name in the RPID
field
> with a SIP trace on the Asterisk box but don't understand why it's not
> registering as the CallerID name.

What do you get when you enable debugging on the asterisk cli?

core set verbose 3

make a call. Do you see caller ID going through? What does your
dialplan look like? You can use NoOp() calls to pop out values
including a caller ID if it exists.

We have an inbound PRI connected to our Cisco 3825 router which is then
passing the calls to Asterisk as SIP calls.  We're getting the CallerID
number but not the CallerID name.  We are seeing the name in the RPID field
with a SIP trace on the Asterisk box but don't understand why it's not
registering as the CallerID name.

Here is a link to pastebin with the Sip trace.  In it you can see the RPID
is seen from the Asterisk box but it is not used/sent to the phones.

http://pastebin.com/m45e0adbd

Here is the section from Sip.conf describing the Cisco 3825 connection.  We
have tried "type" as both friend and peer as it is now with no change.

[cisco_3825]
context=default
type=peer
host=10.0.0.10
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=no

All phones are not receiving the CallerID name, here is a sample from
sip.conf of a phone config.

[8670]
secret=8670
context=ict_sip