[asterisk-users] Res: Asterisk core dumps files

Marcus Vinicius marc_mcs10 at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 30 10:54:33 CDT 2009

hi,

the -g option is right.
make sure that the system allows core files (ulimit -a).

Regards

--
Marcus

________________________________
De: Gustavo A Gonzalez <ggonzalez at despegar.com>
Para: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 30 de Julho de 2009 11:17:50
Assunto: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk core dumps files

Thanks Tzafrir for your answer. Because I had some problems
running safe_asterisk script to restart asterisk automatically in our
callcenter , I’ve developed a simple script that runs from a schedule
task and check if asterisk is running each minute.  This is not the best
solution yet but it works properly when asterisk shutdown. However it not let
asterisk generate core dumps files. Is there an error in this script or what I
have to change to get core dumps files from this script.

#!/bin/sh
#
#Script para levantar el asterisk automaticamente
#programado por WL

echo “Checking if asterisk is running”
a=`pidof asterisk`

if [ "$a" != "" ]; then
        echo "Everything is OK, Asterisk is UP and
running";
else
        echo "Asterisk Error: NOT RUNNING trying to
restart it in 5 attempts!!!";
        for ((i=1; i<=5; i+=1)); do
                /usr/sbin/asterisk -g

   b=`pidof asterisk`