[asterisk-users] Request for information about Asterisk Business Edition

abdelkader abdelkader2006 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:34:39 CDT 2009

Hello,

> For people having experienced Asterisk Business Edition, please I need some
> information:
>
> - First, Can ABE be installed in a Debian or Ubuntu OS 32 and 64 bit.
>
> - Second, Can ABE be installed in a newer version of Fedora like Fedora 10
> or 11.
>
> - Third, opcom, a reseller of ABE in France says that there is a support
> for 250 additional calls. Is this really possible, because the official
> digium site says that the maximum number of simultaneous calls is only 240.
>
> - Fourth, If the third point is OK ie ABE can support 500 simultaneous
> calls, can the system configuration described below handle this number of
> calls (500) with the alaw or ulaw codecs. The configuration is:

Hardware Information Processors 4 Model Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5420 @
2.50GHz CPU
Speed 2.49 GHz Cache Size 6.00 MB System Bogomips 19954.79 PCI Devices *none
* IDE Devices *none* SCSI Devices  - DELL PERC 6/i (Direct-Access) - DP
BACKPLANE (Enclosure) - TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-L333A (CD-ROM)

USB Devices  - Dell Computer Corp. - Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C65640
USB-2.0 "TetraHub" - Dell Computer Corp. Hub