[asterisk-users] CIsco 7960 + asterisk: hepl needed

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 22:28:21 CDT 2009

Are there any other phones registered, or is it just this phone that is
having issues?  The first thing that I see is the qualify=200 line, and I
have not had good experience with Cisco devices and any qualify setting.  I
would try leaving that out.  I also have double quotes around the line1_*
parameters.  See my comments inline.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM, pepesz76 <pepesz76 at o2.pl> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm trying to configure my new phone Cisco 7960 to work with asterisk.
>
> I followed
> http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/cisco_7960_ip_phone_configuration.html
> and I got into the point where I can see on the the display line indication
> showing
> "55 <phone icon with x>" so it looks like the phone is not registered.
>
> The phone and the asterisk are in the same local network.
>
> On asterisk side:
> Cawdor*CLI> sip show peers
> 55/55                      (Unspecified)    D   N      5060     UNKNOWN
>
> sip.conf:
>
> [55]
> type=friend
> defaultuser=55
> secret=12345655
> context=home_castle
> callerid="Lukasz Cisco 7960" <55>
> canreinvite=no
> host=dynamic
> dtmfmode=rfc2833

Remove:

> qualify=200

Add:
  disallow=all
  allow=ulaw  (Or whatever codecs you are using)
  buggymwi=yes

> SIPDefault.cnf:
>
> image_version: P0S3-8-12-00
> proxy1_address: 192.168.1.109 ; Can be dotted IP or FQDN
> proxy_register: 1
> messages_uri:   80
> phone_password: cisco ; Limited to 31 characters (Default - cisco)
> sntp_mode: directedbroadcast ;"unicast"
> sntp_server: 192.168.1.77
> time_zone: GMT+01/00 ; assuming you're in GMT
> time_format_24hr: 1 ; to show the time in 24hour format
> date_format: D/M/Y  ; format you would like the date in
> dial_template: dialplan
>

> SIP<MAC>.cnf:
>
> image_version: P0S3-8-12-00
> line1_name: 55

line1_name: "55"
line1_authname: "55"
line1_password: "12345655"
line1_shortname: "55"
line1_displayname: "Lukasz Cisco7960"

> line1_authname: 55
> line1_shortname: 55 ; displayed on the phones softkey
> line1_password: 12345655
> line1_displayname: "Lukasz Cisco7960"; the caller id
> proxy1_port: 5060
> proxy1_address: 192.168.1.109
> # Phone Label (Text desired to be displayed in upper right corner)
> phone_label: "Castle  " ; add a space at the end, looks neater
> phone_password: "cisco" ; Limited to 31 characters (Default - cisco)
> user_info: none
> telnet_level: 2

If that still doesn't work, then telnet into the phone and see what is going
on. Commands like "show config" "show register" etch are very useful for
this kind of troubleshooting.  If the phone was attached to a CallManager
using SIP before, then there could be some bad configuration still stuck in
the phone.  If you don't specify a new value, these phones cache the old
config.  Try factory defaulting the phone if all else fails.  I have quite a
few of these phones working without issue.  Good luck!

-Jonathan