[asterisk-users] Recording calls again

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:09:14 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Mr. Rodriguez<clubtorreon at hotmail.com> wrote:

> They excuse my question again.
> I explain to them.
> I have an equipment 3com v3000 with 20 extensions, my question is if I can
> use asterisk to record the calls,
> is necessary an additional servant? at the moment only I have the telephones
> connected to this equipment. Where encounter information of how doing it?

Yes, with asterisk it is possible to record calls.

I suggest reading http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/MixMonitor

I do not understand the server you have, so I do not know whether it
will be adequate for recording 20 extensions. The answer is probably
yes. Many people on this list record a LOT of calls.

One suggestion is that if you have to record many simultaneous
recording is to use a ramdisk and periodically synchronize the
recordings to disk. This reduces simultaneous threads that have to
write to a physical disk.