[asterisk-users] Matching Originate action with its NewChannel event

Jose Arias cyr2242 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 07:49:42 CDT 2009

An application commanding asterisk with AMI is going to launch lots of
concurrent calls in very few seconds using the Originate AMI command but
it's also going to need to be able to cancel very quickly any call of them
even before each OriginateResponse event comes in. All the calls will be
done by the same trunk (a trunking enabled channel). But there's a problem
for canceling any call: there's no way to know what channel to hangup to
because all channel prefixes in the NewChannel event are the same (the
trunking channel one) and although the Originate action has an ActionId
property, it isn't available in the NewChannel event but only in the
OriginateResponse event, being very late. I've read some of you are using
the CallerId property but in this case it's not an option because the
application needs to establish the same callerId for all of them. Is there
any solution using AMI? I'm planning to use asterisk 1.4.18
Thanks
Jose