[asterisk-users] INVITE Privacy Information

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 10:23:43 CDT 2009

It depends what the carrier is looking for in the SIP header, so some
interop between you and your carrier is necessary in this regard. Last year
for a customer I had to setup *67 to hide caller id, and the carrier asked
me to use "Remote-Party-ID" or "P-Asserted-Identity" in the SIP header. I
did so, but it didn't work. I went through the RFCs to understand how the
privacy settings work, struggled with inserting additional SIP headers, but
all in vain. The carrier was not able to help. I ended up removing all the
SIPAddHeader information and did the following to hide the caller id:

exten => _X.,n,*SetCallerPres(prohib)*

This worked for me in this particular scenario.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

Zeeshan A Zakaria