[asterisk-users] AMI not show originate on CLI

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Mon Jul 27 20:10:31 CDT 2009

Jerry Geis escribió:
> When using call files I see Dial command when on the CLI
> however when using the AMI I dont see the originate Dial.
> Is there a logging level that will show the originate dial on the CLI?
>
> If there isnt currently a log state for that shouldnt it do that just
> like the
> call files do?
>
> My logger.conf has:
>
> ; debug => debug
> console => notice,warning,error,dtmf
> ;console => notice,warning,error,debug
> messages => notice,warning,error,dtmf
> ;full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose
>
> Jerry

Asterisk by default (1.4 and 1.6.0.X as far as I can tell) doesn't show
any CLI messages when an AMI call is originated. You only would see the
other leg of the call on the CLI if you originate to dialplan. If you
originate to application you are basically blind. One workaround for
this is to use local channels on both the originated call and answered
call dialplan. But beware, local channels kinda work well but don't do
anything fancy with them or they will block/crash your asterisk, or at
least you can have some little CDR surprises. Use them carefully.

The other way, that is to see the AMI originated calls on the CLI when
they happen would be very cool.

PD: Maybe in the debug log you might surely get something, the debug
throws a lot of info from asterisk. Don't let the debug log grow too big.

Regards,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología