[asterisk-users] Reasons to use AEL

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 21:59:24 CDT 2009

I think if someone knows well how to make dialplans in regular
extensions.conf file, then there is nothing much to learn about AEL. There
is a page on voip-info.org on AEL (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AEL) and to me it proved to be
more than enough to switch to AEL. I used only that one page to learn AEL
and have been creating complex dial plans for a while now purely in AEL. You
can also test your AEL dialplans by doing "show dialplan <ael context or
macro> and it'll show the dialplan in 'exten => ...' format, which will help
you understand if you have programmed it right or not.

Zeeshan

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
> wrote:

> Scott Gifford schrieb:
>
> > Can you recommend a good tutorial or book that covers AEL?
>
> http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de/2.1/extensions.ael.html has some
> examples but unfortunately the explanations are in German. :-)
>
> voip-info has some examples as well:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AEL
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AEL2
>

>    Philipp Kempgen
> --
> AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998
> Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com - http://das-asterisk-buch.de
> Videos of the AMOOCON VoIP conference 2009 ->  http://www.amoocon.de
> --

Zeeshan A Zakaria