[asterisk-users] Goto from a feature macro is not working?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sun Jul 26 09:53:51 CDT 2009

Miguel Molina wrote:
> Well some colleagues at work who went to the 2008 Astricon told me that
> all skilled asterisk programmers used AEL and not plain extensions.conf.

I would disagree with that, as I consider myself a skilled Asterisk user, and I
don't use AEL :)

While I like the concept of AEL, and have heard good things about it, the few
times I've used it (and mind you, this would have been maybe... 2 years ago), I
ran into issues that I didn't run into in dialplan.

This simply had to do with the way AEL was converting to dialplan, and I'm sure
these issues have been resolved, but as with all things Asterisk, there are more
than one way to skin the same cat.

I personally enjoy writing in standard extensions.conf, but this probably has
something to do with my nostalgia with writing in extensions.conf, and very
little to do with any sort of technical limitations of AEL :)

Since AEL is an abstraction layer that just gets converted back to dialplan, I
prefer just working directly in dialplan logic, but then again, I've been told
I'm a masochist as well.

Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk