[asterisk-users] TLS Manager

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Jul 24 18:08:34 CDT 2009

Hello, all.  After many pages of googling and testing in the lab, I'm
still a bit perplexed about how to implement tls protection for the
asterisk manager.  manager.conf allows one to specify the cert file but
one normally must also specify the private key file.  If I simply enter
the cert file:

sslenable=yes
sslbindport=5038
sslbindaddr=172.x.x.8
sslcert=/etc/pki/tls/certs/pbxc.pem  ; path to the certificate.
;   sslcipher=<cipher string>

It errors as I expect it would:

pbx*CLI> manager reload
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf':   == Found
SSL cert error </etc/pki/tls/certs/pbxc.pem>

How does one specify the private key for the manager.conf file? Thanks -
John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation