[asterisk-users] Goto from a feature macro is not working?

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Fri Jul 24 17:48:21 CDT 2009

Philipp Kempgen escribió:
> Miguel Molina schrieb:
>

>> I just ran into a similar problem, I needed a "macro" spreaded over
>> several contexts because it's kind of a part of an IVR. I switched to
>> GoSob() and Return() applications
>> (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Gosub) and
>> everything goes fine now. The only thing to be sure is that you Return()
>> in *every* case from the Macro context(s), to avoid unknown and
>> undesirable results of your calls.
>>

> Use macros in AEL so you don't have to care about the underlying
> implementation. :-) scnr
>

>     Philipp Kempgen

Well some colleagues at work who went to the 2008 Astricon told me that
all skilled asterisk programmers used AEL and not plain extensions.conf.
Right now for every implementation I made, I didn't have the need to
program in AEL, only plain extensions, some AMI and AGI. But well, it
seems to have a lot of advantages. Please tell me some, I may take a
look to it too see if it's worth spending the time to learn and get the
best out of it.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina