[asterisk-users] dialplan tips

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Jul 24 08:28:48 CDT 2009

Here's how I think your dialplan should look:

exten => 101,1,Ringing
exten => 101,2,Answer()
exten => 101,3,Dial(SIP/quentin,10)
exten => 101,n,VoiceMail(101 at default,u)
exten => 101,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => 101,n,Hangup()
exten => 101-BUSY,1,Playback(busy)
exten => 101-BUSY,n,Wait(3)
exten => 101-BUSY,n,VoiceMail(101 at default,b)
exten => 101-BUSY,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => 101-BUSY,n,Hangup()

for question 2, this depends on how voicemail.conf is setup.  By default, an
asterisk mailbox is considered "Full" when 100 messages are stored (see
voicemail.conf.samples), but this can be changed up to 9999.  Therefore you
would just need a job to look for the creation of the max file and send a
mail accordingly.  I'm not enough of a scripter to do this in bash, but
here's a find and grep that would tell you when a user's box was full (based
on default params):

find /|grep msg0099.txt|grep INBOX

  _____