[asterisk-users] FAX Machine Testing ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Jul 24 04:16:28 CDT 2009

Not FAX over VoIP, but testing 2 FAX machines back to back ...

The scenario is that a client has one of my asterisk VoIP only systems
which they're happy with, but need to test FAX machines, so rather than
plug in a TDM card with FXS ports, I'm suggesting something like a PAP2T
device with 2 analogue ports registering to their asterisk box to use to
send test faxes from one fax machine to the other ...

So as far as asterisk is concerend, it's just 2 more SIP extensions and
I'll arrange re-invites, so data ought to stay inside the ATA (if
possible) rather then have asterisk handle the media (but even so, it's a
lightly loaded switched ethernet LAN)

Anyone see any issues with this, or suggest a better ATA than a PAP2T ?

(This is in the UK if that matters)

Gordon