[asterisk-users] grandstream and jitter buffer

Kelvin Chan kelvinc at positronics.com
Wed Jul 22 14:25:57 CDT 2009

Hi guys,

I have a bunch grandstream phones using ulaw and my users are
complaining they are jittery when I use "canreinvite=yes". The data
connection is an ADSL link dedicated for phone traffic. At any given
time, I have at most 2 calls in parallel.

I'm not a huge fan of asterisk being in media path doing buffering
because the delay (jbmaxsize=80,jbimpl=fixed) is pretty long and
sometimes my users complain that "are you on a sat phone?"

Any suggestions?

-
Kelvin Chan