[asterisk-users] Latest chan_mobile

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Jul 22 08:44:36 CDT 2009

Carlos Ruiz Diaz wrote:
> @Steve: I considered the hardware separation between servers but when I
> exposed the idea it was immediately discarded because it is mandatory to
> have all in a box.
>
> Well, I'll start the migration then.
>
> Thank you.

I doubt this helps anyone, but today I built the newest stable kernel
(2.6.30.2) and the latest bluez libs (bluez-4.46) and obviously rebuilt
dahdi and asterisk-addons.

Without any config changes chan_mobile is working for incoming calls,
picking up the handset is answeing the calls, and there is 2 way audio
(which wasn't working before).

Oddly when a call finishes, the mobile disconnects for a while and then
reconnects again and there is terrible audio with outgoing calls,
(scratchy and with a few seconds delay).

This is definite progress (and doesn't require a separate box).

This is all with a Cambridge Silicon Radio USB2 dongle and a nokia e61.