[asterisk-users] Phone system "ping" checker

Josh Hunholz josh at hunholz.com
Tue Jul 21 18:29:35 CDT 2009

Does anyone know of an online tool or program that would call our phone
numbers to confirm that they are up?  What I'm imagining is something like
pingdom.com (a ping checker for web services), except for the phone system.
It would call us, confirm an answer, then hang up.  If no answer, it would
send an e-mail to our cell phones so we knew about it right away.  It seems
like there would be a market for this type of tool, but I can't seem to find
any service or software that will do what I'm wanting.  Any suggestions?

--
Josh Hunholz