[asterisk-users] Dialplan step that I do not have

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Tue Jul 21 11:27:55 CDT 2009

I have a context [dorecord] with _*99XX as an extension. I also have context
[phone-sets] with _*X. as an extension. Then there is a context that
includes phone-sets then dorecord.

When I dial extension *9901 the single step in phone-sets's _*X. extension
overwrites the first step in dorecord's _*99XX extension and it takes a
while to figure out why *9901 is not doing what the dialplan says to do.

The "fix" as to include phone-sets after dorecord.

Boy is asterisk a FUN piece of software ;)

Thanks Steve for the pointer.

I had no idea that asterisk would take one extension and overlay part of
another one with it. I guess I thought that extensions were discrete units.
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC