[asterisk-users] DAHDI Error and poor audio quality

RESEARCH research at businesstz.com
Mon Jul 20 19:11:13 CDT 2009

------------------------------
>> I know it doesn't really sound very helpful to blame the entire server
>> manufacturer, but some others might agree, brand spanking new and shiny
>> might not be the best thing for Asterisk, especially these cards.

> There's nothing wrong with brand spanking new and shiny, as long as it is
>  not
> certain name brand manufacturers who find a need to 'distinguish'
>themselves in the marketplace by making motherboards that aren't fully
standards compliant.

> I've had far fewer problems with Dell, for example.

Yes it is DL580 from HP. I wanted something big for the type of load to be
used but now im very convinced that it wasn't a best shot! The major problem
I have been facing with both dell and HP, is the kernel panic!! This one
however doesn't give the panic but HDLC and D-channels disconnection does
not want to dis appear. Digium has advised me to downgrade to dahdi 2.1.0.4
libpri 1.4.10.1 and monitor the situation. Busy doing that

Shall update