[asterisk-users] What am I doing wrong?

IT-Connect info at it-connect-unix.de
Mon Jul 20 13:26:06 CDT 2009

Hi Nicholas!

Perhaps, there are other ways as I describe here, but I use this way
successfully about 4 years

- install latest spandsp version
- went to root directory of your svn asterisk
- type "make distclean" (because there are preconfigured things in
downloaded version)
- change to following file of your asterisk directory
"/build_tools/menuselect-deps"
   in the last line of this file, insert this *SPANDSP=1*
- after them, change back to root directory of asterisk and open the
file "makeopts"
  last line, insert *SPANDSP_LIB=-lspandsp
- *after them, you can type make menuselct and expected entries could be
shown in menue
- make
- make install

One hint: since 1 year, I use SIP (t38) for incoming fax and using ISDN
for outgoing fax, because there are many old faxes, which have no G38
Support and can not recieve fax over t38

regards, Kare