[asterisk-users] Delete voicemail after couple of days

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jul 20 12:42:59 CDT 2009

Un-top-posting...

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Tim, this is a partial solution.  The find as written would remove
> greetings, unavailable messages, etc.  You would need to add a grep to get
> only msg files.

Skip the grep...

 	sudo find /var/spool/asterisk/ -mtime +2 -name "msg*" -exec rm {} \;

(Note the space after the closing brace.)

But Carlos had the best answer.

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Carlos Chavez wrote:

> I did not catch all the messages on this thread but why not use the
> messages-expire.pl script included in Asterisk for this simple task?
> It will delete and renumber all messages and you can program how many
> days before a message is deleted.

Why re-invent the wheel. This script is way more flexible than a 1-liner.
(Note that Asterisk will renumber the messages for you automagically in
case you decide to cobble up your own script.)

--
Thanks in advance,