[asterisk-users] Digium TDM400P in Soekris net5501-70?

Brian McEntire brian.mcentire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:09:30 CDT 2009

Hello -
I've been running Asterisk (quite happily!) for several years now
using a Digium TDM400P card in an old Linux box (P4 1.6 w/ 256MB RAM).
I'm also running another old PC running m0n0wall as a firewall.
Between these two boxes, that run 24x7, I'm drawing a lot more power
than needed and hoping to make a dent in my monthly electric bill by
consolidating the two into a single box with efficient power supply,
low power processor, and no spinning HD platters.

Main question is whether anyone knows if the Digium TDM400P should be
compatible with the 3.3V PCI slot in the Soekris Net5501-70 box?

Soekris' description for the net5501-70 says, in part, it has support
for "one or two low-power standard PCI board"

I see on my Digium card that it requires a molex connector supplying
voltage. The Net5501 has a small 4-pin molex header on the board, I
wonder if a small to regular sized molex power cable would do the job
to supply this card.

If the Soekris isn't expected to work well, are there any mainstream
small form factor/low-power solutions for a SoHo asterisk server?

--
Brian McEntire
Photographer & Owner

(240) 358-6655 studio