[asterisk-users] Asterisk to PBX

logan logan04x at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 00:57:45 CDT 2009

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the response.

I'm a novice so pardon me for the stupid questions. I thought that maybe the
PSTN lines don't allow more than 1 simultaneous calls on a line, but on GSM
it might be possible.

I basically want to know how Asterisk can dial out calls from the lines
connected to it. Ideally I want to make out as many calls from the lines
connected to my Asterisk box.

I have a few related questions, again pardon me if I'm a novice. How did PBX
in days when didn't have Asterisk worked? If a company wanted to give desk
phones to all the employees then it would have a switchboard which would
route the calls. Now in this case I'm guessing that the company had only one
PSTN line, but somehow the switchboard let everyone make calls and receive
calls at the same time. So is it possible to have the switchboard and have
it connect to Asterisk who can there by use these lines?

Paul, could you also describe a bit about hook flash?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Hitesh