[asterisk-users] Asterisk-gui 2.0 Asterisk 1.4.26-RC6 Analog trunks

Gary Baribault gary at baribault.net
Sun Jul 19 14:47:41 CDT 2009

I'm new to asterisk, but have been at Linux since 1997 .. so kind of a
newbie ..

I have a good buddy who is supposed to be helping me with this darn
install, but you all know how that works.

I have a new mid-tower, AMD 64 x2, 4 gigs of memory and spoftware
mirror. OpenSuSE 11.2 .. as I said Asterisk 1.4.26-rc6 and Asterisk-GUI
2.0 .. I have an 8 port TDM800P card from Digium.

basic install is ok. I have the card defined, and everything seems hunky
dorie .. but when I try and create an Analog Trunk, I add the trunk,
select the first channel and the GUI says I have to reboot the server
for it to work.

I check hardware and the 8 port card is found .. I go to trunks .. none
defined, so I create an analog trunk, select port 1, call it default,
and accept all defaults. Hit add, and everything seems ok .. I click
apply changes and get a warning that I will have to reboot for changes
to take effect. When I reboot the server, the trunk is gone!

WTF???

--
Gary Baribault
Courriel: gary at baribault.net
GPG Key: 0xFA812835
GPG Fingerprint: 8597 4D3D 3C3D 4247 077C 9FF9 E412 CAC4 FA81 2835