[asterisk-users] Asterisk to PBX

logan logan04x at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 02:29:23 CDT 2009

> Hitesh,
>
> The short answer is no.  The long answer is that Asterisk (and,
> indeed, any other PBX) is not be able to make or receive any more
> analogue calls than the number of available analogue trunks (or lines)
> to which it has access.  You may, however, use an ITSP to send
> outbound calls over the Internet, leaving your analogue line free for
> an incoming call.  You may also be able to subscribe to Busy Call
> Forwarding on your POTS line.  This way, when your analogue line is in
> use, additional inbound calls may be forwarded to a DID (telephone
> number) provided by an ITSP -- essentially increasing the number of
> "lines" available to Asterisk.
>
> Sincerely,
> Trevor Hammonds

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the response.

I was thinking if a GSM to VoIP gateway can do the job of multiple outgoing
calls. I could be wrong but seems like cellphones do allow you to make
multiple calls at a time (only one is active or one active conference). If
we assume that I have a layer on my Nokia phone which allows me to have more
than one active call then when my Asterisk system tries to make a call
through the GSM-VoIP gateway then it would never get a busy and the layer on
phone would do the job of facilitating calls.

Is this a possibility that anyone has tried?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Hitesh