[asterisk-users] Truecall

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Sat Jul 18 15:19:07 CDT 2009

Gtalk has similar stuff I have heard.

I haven't checked it out since it was Grand Central but a friend was telling
me about it.  I think I got an email about keeping my account active and I
did, so time to revisit that.

He had me forward his PRI DID/EXTEN to his Gtalk number.

I just wish I could port a toll free over to Gtalk or my new
http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/leap-metropcs-come-under-pressure-tracfone/2009-07-02?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss&cmp-id=OTC-RSS-FW0

Prepaid automagically, total is $48.48 with all fees.  Unlimited text, talk,
30 megs data (I think).  Just got it two days ago and it rocks.

If I could set ANI, I would buy at least twenty three immediately (think
chan_mobile).

Maybe with some Gtalk magic and a few hops, I guess anything is possible.

I hear Magic Jack is going to do porting.  Probably not toll free though.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Gavin Henry <gavin.henry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exactly. I was thinking that a similar service would be a good addon
> as an option to an ITSP.
>
> Gavin.
>
> On 18/07/2009, Steve Totaro <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Alan Lord (News)
> > <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> I saw this on the TV the other night. Couldn't believe how the "dragons"
> >> all thought it was such a cool idea.
> >>
> >> I was shouting at the telly saying "You could do that with Asterisk very
> >> easily"...
> >>
> >> Granted, if he's made the box, built it on an embedded SoC device then
> >> fair play, but he needs to have something Unique or anyone can do it.
> >>
> >> Alan
> >>

> > Neat little box.
> >
> > In today's world, anyone can do just about anything.
> >
> > Anything "unique" doesn't stay that way for very long as soon as someone
> > else takes notice of a a new "unique" thingy that is profitable.
> >
> > It is all about packaging and marketing.
> >
> > There is plenty of space in most markets for dozens of competitors, and
> it
> > actually a great thing.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,