[asterisk-users] Truecall

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 18 04:45:21 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 18/07/09 00:35, Gavin Henry wrote:
> > This has to be an Asterisk based appliance no?
> >
> > http://www.truecall.co.uk/acatalog/trueCall_Features.html
>
> I saw this on the TV the other night. Couldn't believe how the "dragons"
> all thought it was such a cool idea.
>
> I was shouting at the telly saying "You could do that with Asterisk very
> easily"...
>
> Granted, if he's made the box, built it on an embedded SoC device then
> fair play, but he needs to have something Unique or anyone can do it.
>
> Alan

Neat little box.

In today's world, anyone can do just about anything.

Anything "unique" doesn't stay that way for very long as soon as someone
else takes notice of a a new "unique" thingy that is profitable.

It is all about packaging and marketing.

There is plenty of space in most markets for dozens of competitors, and it
actually a great thing.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro