[asterisk-users] Delete voicemail after couple of days

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Fri Jul 17 17:10:33 CDT 2009

Steve Edwards escribió:
> Un-top-posting...

>>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org
>>> <http://asterisk.org>@sedwards.com <http://sedwards.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure. Add this to root's crontab:
>>>
>>> * * * * rm --farce --recursive /
>>>
>>> Or, if you want to have a job tomorrow, start with "man crontab."
>
>> Aloysius Thevarajah Lloyd escribi�:
>
>>> you want me to delete all the sytem files:)
>
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Miguel Molina wrote:
>
>> Yeah he wants to make yourself silently blow your own system off to
>> make you start from a beautiful clean fresh install or lose your job
>> instantaneously. Fortunately, he did misspell the crontab (--force,
>> one * more). It's a dangerous, agressive and sarcastic way to tell
>> you that RTFM. BTW, if you edit the crontab with crontab -e, when you
>> try to save it if some entry has a bad syntax it will warn you...
>
> From dictionary.com:
>
> "farce - a light, humorous play in which the plot depends upon a
> skillfully exploited situation rather than upon the development of
> character."
>
> I think the OP caught the humor -- note the "smiley." I'm sorry it
> didn't translate to your language.
Oops, well I'm not a native english speaker so it's really hard to catch
some humor of a word that I don't know or I get as misspelled. Thanks
for the definition, now I can laugh with you guys.

Sorry for all the fuzz around this.

PD: Es como si yo te contara un chiste en español!

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología