[asterisk-users] dialplan number matching

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 14:56:08 CDT 2009

--- On Fri, 7/17/09, John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I match an extension "ending with 3" (just an
> example but applicable to any other digit, including * or
> #)?
> >
> > exten => _ZX.3,n,...
> >
> > exten => _ZX.#,n,...
> >
> > (the above does not work)
> >
> > Can regular expressions be used in the standard
> dialplan (end with: "$")?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Vieri
> <snip>
> I haven't tried it but I wonder if one could use a regex
> pattern match
> in a GotoIf statement and then pass the result to another
> context using
> ${EXTEN}? Just a thought - John

Thanks, I'll think about it but I don't think it will apply efficiently to the goal I describe here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg227054.html

Anyway, I "solved" my "early-dial" issue by creating a special context where I "Read()" the user's input until he/she presses #. It's not as elegant as having Asterisk match regular expressions or do something like "exten => _00ZX.#,n,..." but I'll settle with it.

Vieri