[asterisk-users] Delete voicemail after couple of days

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Fri Jul 17 12:52:59 CDT 2009

Aloysius Thevarajah Lloyd escribió:
> you want me to delete all the sytem files:)
>

> Lloyd
>

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org
> <http://asterisk.org>@sedwards.com <http://sedwards.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Aloysius Thevarajah Lloyd wrote:
>
>     > Is there any tested script available for this purpose.
>
>     Sure. Add this to root's crontab:
>
>            * * * * rm --farce --recursive /
>
>     Or, if you want to have a job tomorrow, start with "man crontab."
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Steve Edwards       sedwards at sedwards.com
>     <mailto:sedwards at sedwards.com>      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST
>     Newline                                              Fax:
>     +1-760-731-3000

Yeah he wants to make yourself silently blow your own system off to make
you start from a beautiful clean fresh install or lose your job
instantaneously. Fortunately, he did misspell the crontab (--force, one
* more). It's a dangerous, agressive and sarcastic way to tell you that
RTFM. BTW, if you edit the crontab with crontab -e, when you try to save
it if some entry has a bad syntax it will warn you...

Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología
Millenium Phone Center