[asterisk-users] How to Play IVR and Read DTMF During Active Call?

Faheem faheem_imt at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 08:22:37 CDT 2009

Hey,

Is there any way to play IVR and Read DTMF during active call.

Call Flow:

   USER1(initiator)  <-----> Asterisk1 <-----> Asterisk2 <----->    USER2

How I can Play IVR and Read DTMF from USER1 When both users are in active session.

I am able to play IVR and Read DTMF from USER2, which is not required,
When Asterisk2 Receives call from Asterisk1, it simply Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},,,M(macro1)) and execute the macro1. In macro1 I play the IVR and Read() DTMF.

The actuall problem comes here;
IVR is playing in USER2 side only, infact It should play on both sides.
How I overcome that oneway voice problem. Please give your sugession.
I am using asterisk 1.4 on making SIP calls in Local test environment with no NAT issues there.

Thank you

Muhammad Faheem