[asterisk-users] PRI hunt group

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:10:51 CDT 2009

In the good old days telcos didn't care how many channels your forward
used up, they just did it. However nowadays they only allow one
channel at a time to be forwarded, if you need more you have to pay
for it.
Verizon here in NJ charges around $8.00 a month for each call path
(channel), and so do most CLECs.
Optimum cable used to not restrict how many channels, however the last
customer I tried this with only one channel worked, even though for
the ones I set it up before they started blocking it it still works.

If you don't want to port it to the PRI for whatever reason you can
convert it to a RCFW (remote call forwarded number) which is around
$15.00 plus $8.00 for each additional channel again pricing is for
here in Verizon land.