[asterisk-users] How to Change size of CDR(accountcode) variable?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Jul 16 16:10:58 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 00:01 +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Last concern: Does setvar work even for transfers, like accountcode
> does?

At least in theory, the setvar= setting in sip.conf or iax.conf (or in
Asterisk 1.6.0 and later, chan_dahdi.conf) should work just like the
Set() dialplan application, in that you can prepend an underscore or two
to the variable name to make it inheritable by spawned channels.

So, in theory, "setvar=_FANCYLONGACCOUNTCODE=foo" should make that
channel variable inheritable by the *next* spawned channel (but not any
channels beyond that), and "setvar=__FANCYLONGACCOUNTCODE=foo" should
make it inheritable by the spawned channel *and* any channels it spawns,
and so forth.

That being said, it's just theory.  I have not tested this in my lab,
but I offer it as a simple suggestion for you to try.  Please let us
know if this helped.  (My gut feeling is that it should work for DTMF
and flash-based transfers.  I'm a little less sure about SIP-initiated
transfers.)

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager