[asterisk-users] how to enable dial to alex at asterisk.blurb.com

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Jul 16 07:35:21 CDT 2009

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 14:34 +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
>> The subject line says it all how do I enable this style of call.
>> Pointers to the dns setup and asterisk setup would be great
> <snip>
> If I understand what you are seeking, you can try these URIs:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+SIP+URI+Dial
> http://www.blyon.com/blog/index.php/2009/06/22/p2p-sip-uri-dialing/
<snip>

Great posts (especially the blyon.com one). If you're looking for a DNS provider
(assuming you run your own domain name, but don't have your own DNS servers),
then I've found www.editdns.net is great for this kind of thing. They allow you
to setup SRV records (unlike some of the other free DNS hosters I've used).

Note that I'm not affiliated with editdns.net in any way -- just found them when
trying to do the same thing :)

Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk