[asterisk-users] Lagged Extension

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 15 05:32:21 CDT 2009

800ms is horrendous lag for a VoIP connection.  If I were you, I'd be
investing some time in finding out why the lag is so great.  Even if I
do a ping to a UK address, I'm getting pings of no more than 300ms from
Australia.  Unless you've got multiple satellite connections in the path
(in which case VoIP is pretty close to a lost cause anyway) I'd be
looking at these high pings as a symptom of a network problem somewhere
else.