[asterisk-users] Help in oh323 gatekeeper

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:47:28 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear;
>
> I would like to ask: when Asterisk was registering on the gnugk, both
> (asterisk and gnugk) were on the same hardware machine and same IP address?
> Can they be on the same IP address?

If I understand your questions: Can Asterisk and GnuGK both run as an h323
server on the same IP Address, the answer would be no unless they are
running on different ports.  You can not have two processes on the same
machine/ip/port combination.

> In case they were on the same IP address then: I am afraid the oh323
> channel in asterisk will respond for the H323 endpoint (IP Phone) instead of
> the gnugk (specially if the IP Phone was in routed mode and not register to
> gnugk)? I mean, if the IP Phone was need to place call via the gnugk in the
> routed mode, and the call need to be send for Asterisk, so how can u avoid
> that oh323 channel in asterisk from responding for the IP Phone instead of
> the gnugk it self? Because if u let the IP Phone send the call for the IP
> address that asterisk running on it, then the h323 channel in the asterisk
> will respond as u know, so how to let the gnugk respond and not the asterisk
> h323 channel?

Right.  If they both run on the same ip/port then the one started first
would win, and listen for connections (the second app should fail to bind
and complain).  You could change the port, or the IP that the one of the
apps is listening on.

Hope that helps.

-Jonathan