[asterisk-users] transfer option and pressing #

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Mon Jul 13 11:50:00 CDT 2009

Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have setup forwarding - xfering - where you press # and then the
> extension. I add t to the dial cmd.
>
> My problem is that when you call something like internet banking they
> want #, but when # is pressed asterisk gets it instead. is there a way
> around this ?
>
> I haven't been able to get asterisk to listen to flash either
>

> Alex

The easiest solution would probably be to look in features.conf and
change the option for forwarding to require two consecutive # presses.

The other option would be to put an explicit dial rule for the numbers
that need the # bypass and have them omit T and from the dial command.

You could also set up a dat abase with a simple web front end for your
users to enter numbers that need to have the transfer function bypassed
and do something like this (I use AEL so this is in AEL Format)

macro specialDial (ext) {
    if (${DB_EXISTS(bypass/${ext})}) {
       Dial (${TRUNK}/${ext});            // Dial without transfer
    } else {
       Dial (${TRUNK}/${ext},,T);         // Dial With Transfer
    }
}

This is assuming you create a table called "Bypass" in your Asterisk
Database and add the number to the database.

Good luck,
Brent