[asterisk-users] ooh323 and h323, it accept the call even not added in h323.conf

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 11:37:30 CDT 2009

Dears;

Now using Asterisk H323 (which coming with Asterisk, I just compiled PWLIB and OPENH323), now I am placing a call from the IP Phone, the call comes to Asterisk, and it goes to the default context, but did not hear any voice of the played wave file.

1) Why Asterisk accepted the call without authentication? At least, it should be added to the h323.conf.

2) In case we found the method to let Asterisk authenticate only those endpoints that added in the h323.conf file, based on what the authentication will be if the IP address is dynamic? Is it based on the [ ] and what that consider on the IP Phone? Is it the h323 id?

Regards
Bilal