[asterisk-users] Suggestions for web based soft phones

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jul 12 23:08:59 CDT 2009

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your sentence, then:

"Seems like good web based solutions are all paid ones, nobody is giving
it for free. Any ideas, suggestions whom to go with?"

This seems like it implies that the principal object of concern with
existing implementations you've encountered is that they aren't free,
although, strictly speaking, that is not the question posed.

Anyway, it's still a tenuous concept.  There's a lot of noise about it,
but at the end of the day it just isn't that useful, mostly for reasons
related to execution latency, non-real time oriented run-time
environment in Flash, Java applets, etc.

In-browser softphones just aren't very practical.  Some may disagree
with me.