[asterisk-users] Asterisk Segmentation Faults Using Skinny (v1.6.0.10)

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 15:35:29 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Wayne <Wayne at planetwayne.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all for the feedback with this - I'd like to help where I can -
> I'm building another 1.6 system for the office to try out the exchange tie
> in so if the general consensus is SIP is ok - then that's good for me too as
> I only have access to a SIP phone there.
>
> All my phones at home are Skinny so I was trying to kill two birds with one
> stone so to speak (get me on the latest version and play around with
> exchange). My  own 1.2 system is chugging along ok so far and there's no
> 'massive' need to move it over (ok other than servers sat in the lounge
> which the missus has a moan at every so often :-) ).
>
> One thing I am unsure of - how do I get the dumps / information you want in
> a suitable format.I'm still a novice with Linux / Asterisk but I'll gladly
> get anything to help out (just need some pointers in the right direction).

Take a look at file doc/backtrace.txt and doc/valgrind.txt.

What is your exact test scenario?  I have updated my test box based on the
latest SVN of 1.6.1 (I use 1.6.1.1 in production) and I have one Cisco 7940
configured for Skinny.  It seems to work just fine, no seg faults.  Have you
tried the latest SVN for 1.6.0?

You should take a look at this issue if you haven't already:
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13777

-Jonathan