[asterisk-users] setting up phones

Ott Rose sixfourimpala at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:38:04 CDT 2009

Here is my conf files.

sip.conf
[general]
context=default
port=5060 ; UDP port for Asterisk
bindaddr=10.0.0.52; If we want to specify only an IP (if a computer has three different IPs) 0.0.0.0 means any IP
srvlookup=yes ; Enable DNS SRV server

[500]
type=peer
context=phones
host=dynamic
fromuser=500
secret=500
canreinvite=no
directrtpsetup=no
call-limit=3
nat=no
qualify=yes
register=no
session-timers=accept
session-expires=60
session-minse=120
session-refresher=uac
register => 500:500 at 10.0.0.52/500
defaultip=10.0.0.60
mailbox=1001
disallow=all
allow=alaw

[501]
type=peer
context=phones
host=dynamic
fromuser=501
secret=501
canreinvite=no
directrtpsetup=no
call-limit=3
nat=no
qualify=yes
register=no
session-timers=accept
session-expires=60
session-minse=120
session-refresher=uac
register => 501:501 at 10.0.0.52/501
defaultip=10.0.0.46
mailbox=1002
disallow=all
allow=alaw

users.conf
[501]
username = 501
transfer = yes
mailbox = 501
call-limit = 100
type = peer
fullname = 501
registersip = yes
host = dynamic
callgroup = 1
type = peer
context = DLPN_DialPlan1
cid_number = 501
hasvoicemail = no
vmsecret =
email =
threewaycalling = no
hasdirectory = no
callwaiting = no
hasmanager = no
hasagent = no
hassip = yes
hasiax = no
secret = 501
nat = yes
canreinvite = no
dtmfmode = rfc2833
insecure = no
pickupgroup = 1
disallow = all
allow = ulaw,gsm
macaddress = 00085d10927f
autoprov = yes
label = 501
linenumber = 1
LINEKEYS = 1

[500]
username = 500
transfer = yes
mailbox = 500
call-limit = 100
type = peer
fullname = 500
registersip = yes
host = dynamic
callgroup = 1
type = peer
context = DLPN_DialPlan1
cid_number = 500
hasvoicemail = no
vmsecret =
email =
threewaycalling = no
hasdirectory = no
callwaiting = no
hasmanager = no
hasagent = no
hassip = yes
hasiax = no
secret = 500
nat = yes
canreinvite = no
dtmfmode = rfc2833
insecure = no
pickupgroup = 1
macaddress = 00085d1095aa
autoprov = yes
label = 500
linenumber = 1
LINEKEYS = 1
disallow = all
allow = ulaw,gsm

Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:16:50 -0400
From: stotaro at first-notification.com
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] setting up phones

Change the address in sip.conf, not the phone.