[asterisk-users] setting up phones

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Jul 10 10:57:38 CDT 2009

I saw 127.0.0.2, never seen that before.  Loopback that I have seen is
127.0.0.1.

I always just bind to 0.0.0.0 since I have never really seen a point to
binding to a specific IP.  I guess if you are dual homed and don't want
remote phones to work, but then you could just block that stuff in IPTables
or whatever firewall.

Thanks,
Steve T

BTW, what GUI?  That was part of what I was asking when I said "what flavor
of Asterisk?"

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
+18887771888 (Toll Free)