[asterisk-users] [Fwd: confirm f1ab6c493110edited]

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Jul 10 09:43:41 CDT 2009

Dunc wrote:
> Doug Lytle wrote:
>
>>  >>Your membership in the mailing list asterisk-users has been disabled

>> Anybody else seeing this?  My mail server logs don't show any issues.
>>
>> Doug
>>

> I just did yes,
>
> Don't know why :)
>

> Dunc

It's because two spam emails advertising canadian pharmaceuticals came
in in rapid succession. Any rational filter would have bounced them to
the sender (the sender being the Asterisk List Server), and will
therefore be subject to the 'too many bounces' rules on the list. Which,
I assume, means more than 1. Or possibly only 1. Honestly, those rules
are a little undocumented.

I get those messages often and find myself re-enabling my list
membership on a regular basis due to spam that hits the list, but that
my server likes to refuse.

N.