[asterisk-users] can 2 quad T1 cards work in 1 quad core amd server

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:44:18 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Jerry Geis<geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if (2) quad T1 cards
> will work nicely in 1 server with a quad core AMD 3.0 gig cpu?

Yes. Buy a server that has the corresponding ports to accommodate the
cards. A modern server is probably going to have PCI-E slots and
you'll want the appropriate TDM cards.

> Any thoughts.

Yes. That's a lot of power to drive a comparatively small number of calls.

Also, I find it interesting that so many of the answers to these
questions turn into a:
'you're going to use that for bad purposes'
which is retorted with:
'no I'm not'

I will say that I make a boatload of these outgoing 'play a file'
calls, and they are for legitimate purposes to existing customers. Is
it really that hard to imagine a business with a good reason to call
their customers?

I think that if somebody asked for a postal machine that processed a
large number of letters somebody would say 'you're using that for junk
mail', and somebody else would say 'fine, I won't mail you your
paycheck'. I mostly just think it amusing that everybody has bad
motives until proven otherwise. And moreover, the idea that you can
somehow inoculate the world from people with bad motives if you don't
provide assistance.