[asterisk-users] Rtp keepalive

Stanisław Pitucha stan at gradwell.net
Thu Jul 9 04:30:39 CDT 2009

Hi,
I've got a problem with rtp keepalives. I'm using basically the same
config on 2 hosts, but one of them sends rtp comfort noise when it's
on hold, the other doesn't. The only difference I can think of now is
that one of the machines is multihomed, but that might be unrelated.
rtpkeepalive is set to 2 and I can confirm is by doing `sip show
settings`. I've tried all combinations of nat and qualify for the peer
that has problems - rtp comfort noise is simply not sent.
After trying to make it work for a day or so, I reported it as a bug
(https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15466) but maybe someone here
has some ideas how to make it work?
--
Kind regards,

Stanisław Pitucha, Gradwell Voip Engineer

T: 01225 800 851 | F: 01225 800 801 | E: stan at gradwell.net | www.gradwell.com

Gradwell - Internet for Business People
Phone Services | Business Broadband | Email & Website Hosting

Can switching to VoIP today put some change in your pocket?
Registered Address: 26 Cheltenham Street, Bath, BA2 3EX, UK. Company
Number: 3673235