[asterisk-users] Queue autopause

Christian Gansberger c.gansberger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:57:42 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Miguel Molina<mmolina at millenium.com.co> wrote:
> Christian Gansberger escribió:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I want to autopause my queue member when they are not answering within
>> 20 seconds, and the autopause
>> should affect all queues they are member of, not only the queue where
>> the call was not answered.
>>
>> Is there a way to do that?
>>
>> The members gets dynamically added. I'm using asterisk 1.4.21.2.

> Why would you want to do that? The purpose of the autopause is to
> discard the "absent" agent that is not responding to the calls to not
> try it anymore until it gets unpaused by a supervisor or someone else,
> and therefore the pause is made to all queues the agent is member of.
> Why pause it on only one queue, letting it ring on other queues?
>
> Aside from the purpose you have on this, I think you would need to
> modify the app_queue.c code to make the parameter configurable inside
> each queue definition and not on the general section of queues.conf.
> Then you would need to modify the logic to handle the autopause
> configured for each queue. This is a general idea as I didn't take a
> deep look of app_queue.c to see how it works exactly.
>
> Any other solution without changing asterisk code would imply a external
> application that monitors the queues and makes the custom autopause you
> need.
>
> Just my two cents...
>
> --
> Ing. Miguel Molina
> Grupo de Tecnología
> Millenium Phone Center

To make things clearer:

I want  the queue member is autopaused on all queues. As a matter of
fact in asterisk (vers. 1.4.24.1)
the queue member is only paused on one Queue.

I tried setting autopause=yes in general context, which doesn't do anything.
So i set autopause=yes in every Queue definition, which is working,
but only on that queue.

I don't use the agents channel (well i tried, with ending up in lots
of trouble), because its
depreciated in asterisk 1.4 and gone in 1.6. so i decided to
do as proposed in UPGRADE.txt and
asterisk-src/doc/queues-with-callback-members.txt,
with one change, i'm not using the Local channel, because it is not
showing the right status
of the devices in the queue. (I wonder how the callcenter at digiums
ist working with that).

maybe anyone else having problems with queues in asterisk 1.4?

yours
christian gansberger