[asterisk-users] g.722 + loudness

Hose hose+asterisk at bluemaggottowel.com
Wed Jul 8 17:23:40 CDT 2009

What you say...Dave Fullerton (dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com):

> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Hose wrote:
> >
> >> I have a feeling that the issue is between transcoding of ulaw to g.722
> >> and it's too loud during the transcoding - anyway to adjust the levels?
> >
> > There was a flaw in Asterisk's G.722 transcoder module that was fixed
> > recently (on May 15, 2009), so any release made after that date should
> > solve your problem. Upgrading to 1.6.0.10 should give you the fix (and
> > the fix should be noted in the ChangeLog for 1.6.0.10 as well).
>
> It is not in the 1.6.0.10 Changelog nor the 1.6.1.1 Changelog. It is,
> however, in the 1.6.0.11-rc1 Changelog and the 1.6.2.0-beta3 Changelog.
>
> -Dave

Interesting - the one time I didn't bother to upgrade it gets listed as
fixed in the changelog.

However I did upgrade just now after a break in calls to .10.
Unfortunately it's still the same, but might the change not have been
implemented in .10 according to Dave's notes?

The workaround at the moment is just to use ulaw and that works (though
obviously without the wonders that is g.722).  If it's in the pipline
for .11, I can just hang out until then as I'd prefer not to run an -rc
version.

hose